Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Close Encounters Of The Third Kind

I give it up for Steven Spielberg because he's very entertaining. This is his second film that I watch consiously and not as a kid, and I find myself really immersed in it. Usually, my attention span allows me to watch without interruptions a part of the movie that equals the length of an episode of Game of Thrones, and then I find something better to do and get back to the movie the next day, or worse.

But Close Encounters are amazing. I'm not a fan of alien stuff but I teared up during the last scenes where those small large-headed and thin aliens took away the main hero. And then others. It was really cute.

The fact that they used music for attracting the aliens and showing that their intentions are peaceful is great. It felt really in tune with everything out there, and it's really nice that the only people who seemed to rule that world were scientists. I don't think I saw any government officials, which is pretty great, although completely unrealistic.

Also, imagine if it all was happening in the era of Internet. Just - think about it. Wonderful, isn't it? But not equally poetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment