Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Sound Of Music

Oh, I've seen tons of productions, and I liked them all. But this is the first time I saw the movie, and I really mean the first time because I'm not sure I've ever caught it on TV, even.

And... I can't say that I liked the movie. The story is beautiful, the characters are amazing, the actors are brilliant, but there is just something boring. It took me two days to finish it.

And... somehow on stage those last moments seemed more dramatic and life-threatening. The fascist oppression and the telegram guy's betrayal - it all seemed like so much more, but in the movie it happens in the last 30 minutes.

It's kind of weird because as I recall it was a big part of the story and the process of falling in love took less time.

Christopher Plummer is really handsome. My brain refuses to relate this guy (from 1965 lol) to the old grey-haired man who won an Oscar last (of was it before the last) year.

And the kids, ah, the kids.

It brought so much nostalgia and childhood memories but I didn't enjoy it much. Well.

No comments:

Post a Comment