Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Django Unchained

Yeah, I've got to admit that I am not yet done with the Oscars 2013.

I like this poster.


Here's a bullet point list:


  • Django is a hero alright. He deserves to have a film named after him.
  • blood-blood-blood-ketchup-ketchup-paint-blood 
  • soundtrack
  • pre-Civil War times (I'm not great with the history of the U.S. though)
  • DiCaprio's accent, and I just like how everyone says "bounty hunter" here. They make it sound so romantic.
But as usual I'm not quite sure what Tarantino wanted to say. 

1) Injustice and racial prejudices suck, and those times were super cruel. One had to kill people to be free. If that's so, thanks for a visual representation then, just what I needed - an image of a man being torn to pieces by dogs.

2) It's the south, baby, and I like when men gallop on their horses into the sunset. I play one of those cowboy fellows because it's every boy's dream to be a cowboy.

3) Freedom to all! Unchain "niggers"!

4) Corruptness, cowardice, but now let's get to the killing. Money may rule the world, but having a loaded pistol strapped to your hip or reserved for special occasions in your sleeve is ten times better.

5) I just wanna make a movie.

But I guess you've got to have a special talent for stuffing a movie with so many possible interpretations.
Clap-clap-applause, Mr.Tarantino. Blood was gruesome, but overall it was a pleasure: fast paced, character development, stylish, totally worth spending 165 minutes of my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment